Removing foreground from 21cm
Chairs: Kyungjin Ahn (Chosun University) and Richard Dodson (ICRAR/UWA)
- 13.00 - 13.15: Foreground removal in 21cm (Kyungjin Ahn)
- 13.15 - 13.30: Comparing the auto with the cross power spectrum in the 21cm foreground-cleaned map (Feng Shi)
- 13.30 - 13.45: Parkes 21cm Intensity Mapping Experiments: Foreground Removal (Jonghwan Rhee)
- 13.45 - 14.00: Simulation of EoR 21cm data using 21cmFAST and OSKAR (Richard Dodson)
feedback between theorists and observers
- Foreground removal: what are essential?
- Collaboration roadmap
- How pathfinders will help foreground removal effort
- Modelling: target signals; Milky Way components; ionosphere; extra and unknowns
- Optimization of observation, data processing, etc.
- Calibration: SKA-LOW & SKA-MID configuration (?)